Friday, November 5, 2010

This is Halloween!


I love Halloween!!! I spent the entire month of October planning out my costume, thinking about decorations and finding cool stencils for my pumpkins! This year, I came across a great website zombiepumpkins and for a small fee you can print out any of their huge selection of pumpkin stencils. I really wanted to challenge myself and carve something other than a "Jack" so I decided on doing "Chucky" from Child's Play. It took an hour to do and turned out amazing! I had been thinking about doing the Pee Wee's Playhouse theme for a while. I'm always up for a challenging and quirky costume so I went for Jambi the Genie and dressed Joe up as a very handsome Pee Wee Herman.


I finished our costumes in early October and got antsy for more to do. So since I was hosting a Halloween party, I decided to create some more characters from the show using some of my furniture. It definitely made for a good laugh for our party guests!

Cassandra and Todd decided to go out as Mary Poppins and Bert! It was a simple costume that needed the small details to be just right. She thrifted the hat and spray painted it black and then added some flowers to it. For Bert, the biggest problem was finding a chimney sweeper. We decided to buy a broom, take off the handle and then cut the bristles off and glue them around a piece of cardboard. Very intricate work!



The party was a blast and the responses to our costumes were outstanding. So bravo to us!!
I'm already thinking about next year!!!

1 comments:

Ricky said...

Your Costumes are amazing love the Pee-Wee Herman setup.

Also another great pumpkin site is http://www.stoneykins.com
There's 1000's of awesome Patterns.
Even a cool PeeWee Pattern

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration