Friday, January 15, 2010

you've come a long way baby


I finally did it! I quit smoking on Wednesday and haven't looked back! I've quit smoking many many times, the last time for over two years but I somehow always get sucked into it again. It only takes one drunken night which leads to bad judgement and then i'm up to half a pack a day within a week. My friend the cigarette and I have a complicated love/hate relationship (other smokers probably feel the same).
But in any case, I'm happy to report that I've (almost) made it through the first week, which tends to be the hardest for me. For those smokers that want to quit, may I recommend an AMAZING book by Allen Carr called
It really makes quitting easy and it works everytime for me!

Since smoking is on my mind, I spent some time searching for vintage smoking ads and came across some really neat ones. It's amazing how romantic smoking used to be portrayed.













0 comments:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration